• Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection
• Department of Finance
• Central Bank: Registry of Credit Unions (RCU)
• Irish League of Credit Unions (ILCU)
• Individual credit unions
• An Post
• Social Finance Foundation
• Citizens Information Board
• St Vincent de Paul (representing NGOs)
The “It Makes Sense” Loan initiative is being rolled out nationally on the back of a successful pilot run between November 2015 and May 2016.
The initiative is the response from credit unions and a number of stakeholders to the growing money lender problem in Ireland. All of these stakeholders are committed to putting a sustainable low cost credit solution in place for those who rely on social welfare.
For additional information on this scheme, please contact your local credit union of visit The “It Makes Sense” Loan Facebook page www.facebook.com/itmakessenseloan/